Re: Vintage Klezmer

There is an Abe Schwartz Orchestra which was active in the United States
in the 1920s.  I have seen several commercially produced cds of theirs
at several record stores.  I believe that one is on the World Music label.
The CD "Dave Tarras' Yiddish-American Klezmer Music: 1925-1956" (Yazoo
records 1992) has several of their recordings : Unzer Toirele (1928), Dem
Monastrishter Rebin's Chosid'l" (1925), and "Die Reize Nuch Amerika (1929).
                                   Jeff Veidlinger

Topic No. 60

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->