Old World Folk Band/lyrics request

Shalom!!  The Old World Folk Band is an 11-member klezmer/folk band based
in Harrisburg, PA.  The band has recorded three albums, one of which is on CD
and was recently featured in a 1-hour PBS-affiliate documentary
which is scheduled to air for the first time on WITF Channel 33 (Central
Pennsylvania) on April 14.  The movie includes lots of footage of a live concert
of October 31, 1993.  As information becomes available from WITF as to the
availability of this documentary to PBS stations, I will post it on the net.
In the meantime, you can request this program by calling your local PBS station.
It is a three-part series (three one-hour shows) called "Our Lives are In Our
Songs."

The band leader has asked me for the lyrics (English) to
Midnight in Moscow (a.k.a. Moscow Nights).  I would appreciate a response
from anyone who can help out on this request.

Also, we have received information about a grant program which subsidizes the
travel
expenses of musical groups such as ours which are invited to play at
international
folk festivals.  We are looking for a festival in Western or Eastern Europe
during the summer of 1995 which would be interested in inviting a lively
klezmer band.  If you have any information concerning this, please
share it with the list or reply by e-mail.

Gary Grobman (flute/piccolo), Old World Folk Band, and five-year alumnus
of KlezCamp.
GARYGPJC (at) delphi(dot)com or WPXJ46A (at) prodigy(dot)com

Topic No. 52

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->