PSA

Dear list subscriber,
    Upon browsing through a list of jewish networks, I chose your
list as one that might be interested in the following announcement:

   The Alliance for Judaism and Social Justice(AJSJ) announces its
second north eastern US/regional conference entitled "Where are We
Coming From, Where are We Going".  AJSJ is a regional organization for
Jews in their twenties committed to progressive politics and is
affiliated with Tikkun magazine.  The Conference will be held in NYC
on June 11- 13 at Columbia and the Jewish Theological Seminary.
    The format will include discussion and workshops and will deal
with issues of experience and identity and move to the challenge
of communal and political action.  Themes will include integrating
and contrasting such issues as the Holocaust, Jewish power, and
Humanism; Feminism and Jewish Liberation; and Environmentalism and
Zionism.
    For registration and more information write Michael Steinberg at
Tikkun Magazine, 251 W. 100th St., NYC 10025, Email to ajsj (at) aol(dot)com,
or call (212)678- 8929 (10a- 6p,M-F).  Accommodations for shomrei
shabbat available.  The cost of the conference is $20 for students
and those earning <$18K and $30 for others.  There is an additional
$10 late fee after June 4th.

    AJSJ started in February and has already become a very dynamic
organization in the North Eastern US.  We had over 150 young
professionals, graduate students, and undergrads at our first
conference and now have well over 250 people on our active list. We
currently most active in the New York area, but hope that this
upcoming conference will result in a more formal structure of
regional and state chapters.
    In New York we have been holding discussion groups, or "salons"
on such topics as Judaism and the Environment, Feminism, Bosnia, and
what does being Jewish mean to us.  We have also held a biweekly
egalitarian chavurah, have several other affinity organizations, and
have many social activities as well. If you are somewhere in your
twenties(more or less), Jewish, and interested in progressive
politics, this can become your organization.  Please contact the
above address or me for more info and spread the word!
Thanks for reading,
Shalom,

Mark Rosing
Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
New York, USA

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->