Aliyah groups

Jeff,

I'm really only current on LA Chugei Aliyah. I imagine that if you call the
Israel Aliyah Center in San Francisco, Rachel Brunswick, the Shaliach Aliyah,
could point you to any Aliyah groups there. Her number is (415) 839-2900.

The most common Aliyah groups are NAAM, Tehilla, Tnuat Am, & Telem. NAAM, the
North American Aliyah Movement (centered in NY: 212-339-6060; they could tell
you if there's a chapter in SF if Ms. Brunswick doesn't know) is an all-purpose
Aliyah group. They have a quarterly magazine, which is much improved this year,
and are affiliated with Association for Americans and Canadians in Israel
(AACI). Tehilla's focus is Orthodox Aliyah, & Tnuat Am's focus is
Conservative/Masorati Aliyah. Probably the only remaining Telem group (another
all purpose Aliyah group; I can give you more of its history if you're
interested) is in LA. Actually, with the New Aliyon of NAAM, it seems that NAAM
finally has become a combination of NAAM and what used to be Telem. I can get
you Tnuat Am's NY # if you need it, and I believe Tehilla's NY # may be the
same as NAAM's. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

--Nancy

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->