Re: Shlomo Artzi

>IMHO, Kartis L'Luna Park is about as good as Chom Yuli August....

Whew! That's quite a recommendation. Of course, Larry Yudelson has been
saying that for quite some time, but I'm always sure that any Shlmo Artzi
album I get taht i like is a fluke. Way back in the mid-Sevnties when he
'first started recording, he was just anouther ho hum singer. He has
really gotten better in every way.

My current favorites are the Si Himan Album with "Yorim u'bochim," and
the Shalom chanoch "Roman Amiti" album, Corinna Alal's "Mother Tongue,"
and just recently, the new Mazi Cohen. I've become a big Yehudit Ravitz
fan--I think that "Shem" was absolutely wonderful. I'm also getting into
the new Shlomo Gronich album, "Live Neto"--which I think is the most
(only?) honest ablum since the No Names and the first Behind the Sounds
Concert with Mati Caspi. I'm also kind of into Atraf Two and EthniX--
but I have to agree with Lenny Oppenheimer--this is not Jewish music--
it's just great music that happens to be sung in Hebrew.

A few months ago I got a couple of oldies that I love a lot a lot--
The Roosters compilation, High Windows, and Esther Ofarim Live at
Hechal HaTarbut. Mostly I'm into Israeli rock, but for these I amke
exceptions.

Gmar Khatima tova, everyone
ari
jmusic (at) israel(dot)nysernet(dot)org