hanashir

Re: Alef Bet

Scott,

Here's all the words (I had them on my computer). It can't be too hard to
double space and add in the chords. Together with your current sheet music
you should be able to piece it together. My sheet music sources are all
abridged like yours, I'm afraid:

ALEF BET SONG - DEBBIE FRIEDMAN

While we're here in Hebrew School we're going to have some fun,
And sing the hebrew alphabet - a song for everyone.
It's going to be quite simple cause all you'll have to do,
Is sing the letters after me, then I'll sing after you.

A-lef bet vet ... gi-mel da-let hei ...
Vav zion chet tet ... yood kaf chaf ...
La-med mem noon ... sa-mech a-yin pei fei ...
Tza-dik koof reish ... shin sin tav ...

Let's learn the alef bet, simple as it can be.
You'll learn the alef bet if you sing the letters after me.
Each letter has a name and a sound that it always makes.
Now let's sing this special chorus,
We'll have fun it will not bore us,
It's the alef bet.
        chorus

Let's try it once again, practice the alef bet.
Each time we sing our song then the easier the letters get.
You sing it first this time, sing out loud let us hear your voice.
We will hear you getting better as you sing each hebrew letter,
It's the alef bet.
        chorus

Each letter has a name and a sound it always makes.
Together they're the alphabet - the alef bet.

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Scott B. Cantor wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I'm looking for the full sheet music (fake book style is ok)
> for the Debbie Friedman "Alef Bet" song, beginning with the 'prelude'
> "While we're here in Hebrew School....".
>
> Books I own have only the chorus ("Alef, bet, vet," etc.) or
> just the verses ("Let's sing the alef bet, simple as it can be...").
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
> Scott B. Cantor