hanashir

Welcome to the List!

Shalom!

To those of you already subscribed, I hadn't even had time to create the
welcome message that would have accompanied your subscription request
response from the list server. So, here it is.

Welcome to the Hava Nashira-Jewish Songleaders (hanashir) discussion
list. This list is new and you will be part of shaping its future.
It is an open, unmoderated list, although this might change in the future.

WHAT THIS LIST IS ABOUT

This open, unmoderated list is for discussion of issues related to Jewish
songleading and Jewish music education. The primary purpose is to serve as
an online resource for all people involved in teaching and leading Jewish
music, whether at camps, congregations, or community centers. It is
associated with the Hava Nashira/Jewish Songleaders web site located on
Shamash at

http://www.shamash.org/reform/uahc/congs/ot/ot006/

The list is for discussion and information sharing. We ask that you please
keep the focus on our subject topic, and the message content relevant and
useful to list members.

This list is open to all persons interested in Jewish Music songleading and
Jewish music education. There are no denominational boundaries here. We ask
that all list members be respectful towards the beliefs and practices of all
other list members.

When using transliterated Hebrew or Yiddish words on this list, please
provide a English translation or approximation so that all readers will be
able to understand your message.

          listproc (at) shamash(dot)org

3.  TO (RE)SUBSCRIBE TO UAHC-WEB
send "subscribe hanashir [yourName]" (without the quotes)

It is recommended that you not include extraneous information and
override automatic e-mail signature features when sending messages
to the list processor.

4.  IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL
Everytime anyone sends a message, you, a subscriber, will get it.  For some
people, this is too much mail.  There is a way to avoid this however, by
setting your subscription up as a digest.  What this will do is combine all
the messages into one long message, with a table of contents, which will be
sent out at midnight every day.  That way, you will only get one message
from the Beth El list per day.  You can set your subscription up this way by
sending a message to listproc (at) shamash(dot)org, with the following message:
        set hanashir mail digest
If you want to turn off your digest, you can reset it with
        set hanashir mail

4.  FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS LIST
contact the list owner, Adrian Durlester, at: durleste (at)
plains(dot)nodak(dot)edu

Welcome to the list!

B'shalom,

Adrian A. Durlester
Adrian A. Durlester durleste (at) plains(dot)nodak(dot)edu
Production Manager, Festival Concert Hall - North Dakota State University, Fargo
Director of Music & Religious Education, Temple Beth El (UAHC,) Fargo, ND
Work: (701) 231-9564  Cel-Phone: (701) 799-7870
Alternate E-mail:  72507(dot)471 (at) compuserve(dot)com   AdrianD (at)
aol(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->