hanashir

[HANASHIR:17120] RE: computer music reading

I have also tried some of these programs to help me
learn my parts in various choirs. The problem is the
percentage of errors left in the music after your
software scans in the sheet music and converts it from
an image file to a score. This percentage is usually
so high that considerable time is required for
correction, unless you don't mind singing wrong notes
and rhythms. Although I am not really a keyboard
player, I find it much faster to use a portable
keyboard and record my part onto a cassette than to
use music scanning software.

Edward Katz
Chevra Kadisha Congregation Choir, Montreal