hanashir

[HANASHIR:14183] Re: Star Spangled Banner a capella

Hi - when I was in St. Louis we (the cantors and soloists in the St. Louis
Circle of Jewish Music) sang the national anthem at home plate in Busch Stadium
for a Cardinals game when it was Jewish community day.

What I remember is -

it is almost impossible to hear each other over the din of the loudspeakers
which are blaring back to you what you sang a few seconds before

Therefore - we always stood as close together as possible and everyone had to
look at the conductor who was lip-synching the words in an exaggerated manner.
We agreed to keep up with the lip-synching and not be distracted by what we
were hearing.

It works.  Have fun.

Shabbat Shalom, Cantor Anne Heath