hanashir

[HANASHIR:14038] Re: Frog Song verses wanted

Dear friends at Hanashir,

I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but...

...I hope you won't mind my presenting another point a view regarding
expanding The Frog Song, thereby making light of all the plagues and having
elementary school-age student rolicking about them.

Even though I always teach my preschoolers and kindergartners The Frog Song
(single verse) and I even provided this list with lyrics I found to a frog
song set to a Disney melody, I believe there's a limit to how much we should
be laughing about all 10 plagues via songs, toys, etc.  I teach The Frog
Song to very young children to help them understand that God intervened to
cause Pharaoh to change his mind, but I really don't find it especially
appropriate to present songs which have everyone laughing about all the
plagues.  They're really not a laughing matter and it seems to me to be
inappropriate for us as Jews to rejoice about the misfortune of others.
Let's rejoice instead over our good fortune to have been freed from
slavery...

Respectfully,
Carol

Carol Boyd Leon
Songwriter/Cantorial Soloist/Music Educator
E-mail:  CBLeon (at) hotmail(dot)com
Phone:  703-250-0554
Web page:  http://www.geocities.com/CBoydLeon