hanashir

[HANASHIR:12328] Re: Thanksgiving Music

I can second that!

I performed on stage with Robin in Moscow and Leningrad in 1989, in the
first publicly allowed ground-breaking concerts in Hebrew.

The performers were Dudu Fisher, Yaffa Yarkoni, Robin from the United
States and myself from Australia, together with the Moscow Jewish
Musical Theatre under the musical direction of Michael Gluz.

It was an incredible experience. People stood in line in the snow for
hours to be able to get in to these concerts.

The emotions were incredibly high. It was the time of Mikhail Gorbachev
and glasnost, and 6 months before the Berlin Wall came down - something
that no one could have even dreamed of at the time.

Our repertoires were different but the spirit was the same. The
audiences went wild and it was a life-changing experience for any
performer. Not to mention the train journey from Moscow to Leningrad!

Robin gave me a copy of her tape "Clap Your Hands" to take to my then
3-year old daughter, who listened to it and loved it.

So indeed, if Robin Helzner performs in your town, go and listen and
enjoy.

And tell her that Aura Levin from Australia sends regards !!

Best wishes to all -

Aura Levin Lipski
Publisher Jewish Australia Online Network

Jewish Australia dot com
http://www.jewishaustralia.com

Hebrew Songs dot com
http://www.hebrewsongs.com