hanashir

[HANASHIR:11190] Re: Passover parody - Ballad of Moses

Hi,
    This is the only Ballad of Jed Clampett Passover parody that I know of.  I
hope it helps.
Marsha Fensin

The Ballad of Mo Amramson (to "The Ballad of Jed Clampett")

Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Mo,
His people they were slaves to the evil Pharoah,
Until one day he was lookin' at a bush,
And he heard the voice of God, though he wasn't a lush---
The LORD, that is,
I AM,
The Big G.

Next thing you know, Mo's talkin' to Pharoah,
Mo says, "God said you gotta let my people go!"
But the king says, "No, they always will be slaves to me!"
So God sent down ten big plagues on Pharoah's whole country---
Blood 'n frogs, that is,
Pestilence,
Special effects.

When the first borns died, Pharoah sent the Jews away,
They ran and ate some matzoh on that very happy day,
So now we have our Seder to commemorate that feat---
We drink some wine and talk a lot, we sing and also eat!
Matzoh, that is,
Maror too.
And good food.

Y'all come back now, y'hear!