hanashir

[HANASHIR:11176] Re: Washington, DC April 12/13

Hi Wendy,
My name is Marcy Mirkin and I read your e-mail on the
Hanashir web list looking for someone to help you out for
the conference in DC.  I live in NYC, but can travel down
. I went to school at U of MD, so I'm familiar with the
area and possibly some of the people.

I have been a songleader/music teacher (using a guitar)
for the past 10 years or so.  I have worked with all
ages from children to senior citizens.  Currently, my
songleading/teaching is regularly with the Forest Hills
Jewish Center in Queens, NY with their Hebrew School and
with the 92nd Street Y Connect Program in New York, NY.
I have led the Queens Women's Seder for UJA as well as
led other Zimriah for women's groups in the area. I won't
bore you with anymore, I attached my resume.

When I am not doing Jewish music, I am a full-time
musician (a reed player - clar.flute.sax.)  I freelance
in the NY area, chamber music, pick-up orchestra jobs,
big band jobs, Broadway show pits and the occaisional
Klezmer gig.

I would appreciate the
opportunity to speak with you in person regarding this
position.  My telephone number is 718-626-3319.  If you
are not in a local calling area, e-mail me and I can
telephone you.  Let me know if you need references.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Yours truly,
Marcy Mirkin