hanashir

[HANASHIR:9665] Re: HANASHIR digest 1321

I too, have received countless cards from Alice at every holiday over a 14
year period and maintained an email correspondence with her during the last
few months. She was a great role model for many of us - with her warmth and
energy and caring - even when her health had begun to deteriorate she
maintained her sunny, positive approach to life. CAJE Music Network
organization was always done with grace and Alice was at everyone's workshop
supporting and encouraging. I am looking for the joyous photographs I have
with Alice, Neil  Carole Rivel, myself and others doing a conga line - it
might have been at Omanim B'Yachad a number of years ago.
It's hard to imagine not seeing her again - but anyone who knew her will
always have a strong loving memory.
I think that the most amazing moment was when we all sang with Sam and Elliot
Kleinmann held up the telephone so she could hear us - it was a poignant and
moving farewell.
The Alice Weinstein Music Scholarship Memorial Fund is truly the best way to
nonour her memory.
We were all privileged to have known her.
Fran Avni