hanashir

[HANASHIR:9612] CAJE thanks

on 8/23/01 2:00 AM, Jewish Songleading/Music at hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
wrote:

> Thanks Adrian...
> Once again.. AWESOME  job on CAJE 26.
> Kol Hakavod.
> Bella

I need to echo Bella's sentiments regarding CAJE this year.  Although my
whitewater accident caused a Class 4 "rapid" ending to my participation at
CAJE, up until that moment it was a well-planned and executed experiment in
my favorite type of music: collaborative.  Adrian and Larry Eschler's vision
worked, despite some doubts.  I was able to play and sing and share the
stage with some amazing people.  This particular format also allowed people
that are not "CAJEdutainers" and recording artists to shine, as well. I'm
thinking particularly of Angela Gold's beautiful duet with Rick Calvert on a
venue shared with Cantor Wally, Joe Black, Rick and myself.

To those of you who have called and written - thanks for your support and
love.  I still have a long haul to go with this injury (both emotionally and
physically) and knowing my Jewish music family is out there has made me feel
not so alone as I heal.   All your music is helping me get through this.
As I've said, it's amazing that I get to wake up every morning, and I hope I
never take that for granted again.

Robbi Sherwin
Recovering in Austin, TX