hanashir

[HANASHIR:9505] [Fwd: songbook copying protocal]

--- Begin Message ---
As a songleader at a local day camp, I was asked to produce a songbook
of the songs I would use that would be distributed to counselors (and
perhaps to some parents). My question is: what is the protocal that
should be used when distributing such a songbook in order to protect the
copyrights of the songwriters of this music?
Are there some parameters that can be followed without having to ask
permission of these songwriters if their names and sources from which
their material is taken are listed under their works? ie is lyrics only
or lyrics and chords only acceptable in such instances? Please advise me
and all others who want to do their best to make a worth while and
sharing experience for kids, teachers, and counselors alike, but  still
want to adhere to ethical standards. Please e mail me through
hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org(dot)  Thank you, Terri Rosenhouse

--- End Message ---

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->