hanashir

[HANASHIR:9486] Anthem "Smell The Roses"

Hmmmm.....

I have a few ideas...

I've been on a "Ruach" kick since I got my copy at the past NFTY convention
in LA in February. On this disk is a song by Beth Schafer titled: "Lev
B'lev." I think it's great for many reasons, and it may work for your anthem
needs, as well. I'll post the words, and I think you can get the disk from
Transcontinental Music's site: http://www.etranscon.com/

Lev B’lev                -            Music and lyrics: Beth Schafer

When we look for God we very often look above

But that seems to be so very far away

And in spending time with you I realize God is in our love

Fueling the fire of our lives from day to day

            Lev b’lev, heart in heart. Where my hand stops, your hand starts

            In a circle of love that has no end

            Lev b’lev, heart in heart. God’s been with us from the start

            In this complicated world you’ll need a friend

            So I’ll keep you close to me, lev b’lev.

When we listen for God’s voice, we hope to hear it loud and clear

Like a giant clap of thunder from the sky

But in singing songs with you it is the most attentive ear

Those that God dwells ‘tween the words for us to find.

            Lev b’lev, heart in heart. Where my hand stops, your hand starts

            In a circle of love that has no end

            Lev b’lev, heart in heart. God’s been with us from the start

            In this complicated world you’ll need a friend

            So I’ll keep you close to me, lev b’lev.

When we yearn for God’s touch, we hope all pain will go away

In an instant, in a moment be renewed

But as we work together toward that sacred peaceful day

We learn that God heals each of us through me and you.

            Lev b’lev, heart in heart. Where my hand stops, your hand starts

            In a circle of love that has no end

            Lev b’lev, heart in heart. God’s been with us from the start

            In this complicated world you’ll need a friend

            So I’ll keep you close to me… And God will be with us

            As together we will stay lev b’lev.

Good luck in what ever you're choosing to do.

B'shalom,

Cantor Brad Hyman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->