hanashir

[HANASHIR:9475] Re: Teaching a baal/at tefillah class

> teach a Shabbat morning & evening baal/at tefillah
> class at a local Conservative synagogue ... I wonder
> if people have some general suggestions, books,
> serial publications, or Internet resources I can go to
> in order to figure out how to structure the class.

   I know that this is an old thread, but I just saw it
while reviewing old messages.  There is a complete
set of materials available from the Cantors Assembly,
prepared by Cantor Pinchas Spiro.  It includes both
books of music and corresponding tapes, for several
different types of services.

   Dr. Saul Wachs aslo made a set of tapes for most
of the services, and these are carried by the United
Synagogue Book Service.  In addition, there are good
materials from the Cantors Assembly, such as the
music books of Israel Alter.

                    Cantor Neil Schwartz