hanashir

[HANASHIR:5399] Sher Music

Unbelievable!  The (virtual) pen is mightier than the sword! Rica
Mendes-Barry just informed me that Sher Music has lifted their boycott!
(Chuck Sher has not yet seen fit to inform me directly.)  I saw Rica's
bombshell letter to Chuck Sher; I wonder who else among you contributed to
this righteous moral victory.  I wonder too whether Chuck Sher underwent a
change of political concience, or if he perceived a threat to his livelihood
from potential lawsuits and investigations by government agencies and acted
out of narrow self-interest.  In the meantime, in the process of informing
the Independent Israel Musicians' Union of this incident, I found an Israeli
merchant who imports the book that I want (The Standards Real Book) from
another publisher. So I think that I'll be buying the book from the Israeli
importer; that however changes nothing.  Thank you all for your support.

yours,

Elad