hanashir

[HANASHIR:5262] Re: HANASHIR digest 803 Choir Soloists

Rachelle,

I've found that with my synagogue volunteer choir, most of them really aren't
interested in solo work.....they are just happy to sing with a group, and the
idea of singing a solo would terrify them!!  Ususally, there are only a few
people interested.  I rotate giving solos, or I'll even break a solo into
smaller parts, or put two on a part.  I'd poll your choir, if you haven't
already.....not too many may actually be interested in solo work.  You never
know....

Hope that helps a little!
Shawna Sabransky
Choir Director,