hanashir

[HANASHIR:5163] Haftara Kadma

Thank you to Neil and John for their illuminating insights.
The most common mistake I have heard in Haftara chanting is  changing
the Kadma in the blessing before to a Mahpach. I have encountered
numerous Bar/Bat Mitzvah tutors who are teaching:
Mahpach, Pashta, Pashta, Pashta... (Baruch Atta Adonai Eloheinu...).
Trying to reteach the children who have already learned it this way is
often futile. I have also encountered tutors who don't even realize that
Kadma exists, singing all of them like Pashta, in both Torah and
Haftara. The other common mistake is the mercha-tevir combination, where
the mercha is sung as if it were mercha-tipcha.
Cantor Judi Rowland