hanashir

[HANASHIR:4899] House concerts

As part of our monthly Kumzits Jewish songswaps program here in San Francisco
(now in its tenth year), we try and host an artist once a year to lead our
group and organize it as a house concert.  It's the only time we charge for
attendance to a Kumzits - usually no more than $8 - $10/person. We provide
attendees with words and music to the songs - making it a concert as
interactive as the artist would like.  Past house concerts (in homes large
enough to comfortably seat 60-80 people or in "intimate" home-like comfy rooms
in synagogues)have featured Judy Frankel, Linda Hirschhorn, Tzimmes, and
Michael Shapiro.  I'd be glad to touch base with anyone interested in this
format - tape/cd sales are often brisk at these events as well.
Ami Goodman
San Francisco
amgo (at) aol(dot)com