hanashir

[HANASHIR:4880] Re: Campy-type services in Balt./Wash

In a message dated 1/10/00 14:15:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
singdown (at) hotmail(dot)com writes:

> singdown (at) hotmail(dot)com
THE FOLLOWING IS A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR RECONSTRUCTIONIST CONGREGATION BEIT
TIKVAH of Baltimore:
Our cantor (lay), Linda Baer is a composer & folksinger.
Our Rabbi, Liz Bolton, is a founder of the Apichorus at the Reconstructionist
Rabbinical College. She started out to become an Opera singer.
Past President Harry London was the cantor at Beth Am before he retired due
to health problems.
 Past President Ray Wachs plays  clarinet in a Klezmer band.
Past Sunday School Principal Diane Wachs is singer in the Klezmer band
Past President Judy Jacobson's husband, Bob,  doesn't come very often
(because services aren't his thing) but when he does, he brings his sax.
Lots of other folks like to sing (some on key, others sharp/flat/between the
cracks).
Hope to greet you there, Miriam